Being an e-book writer, I try to support my fellow e-book writers. When I find out that one of my friends has an e-book out, I automatically download it and post a review on Amazon. Today I would like to share some of my favorites that I hope you'll like.
1. The Universe Doesn't Give a Flying Fuck About You by Johnny B. Truant. Don't let the provocative title fool you. This is actually a very life-affirming e-book that reminds the reader that life is short and now's the time to "do some epic shit."
2. Quenched: What Everyone (Especially Christians) Should Know About Hell by Crystal S. Lewis. My friend Crystal questioned Hell long before Love Wins. In this e-book, she explores the history behind Hell and shows why the Gospel really is good news.
3. A Better Atonement: Beyond the Depraved Doctrine of Original Sin by Tony Jones. What Crystal S. Lewis did for Hell, Tony Jones does here for atonement theory. This e-book presents an alternative view of human sin and atonement, one that sees God as a God who suffers with us.
4. Buddha in Blue Jeans: An Extremely Short Zen Guide to Sitting Quietly and Being Buddha by Tai Sheridan. Yes, it's short, but it's a beautifully written collection of short meditations on mindfulness.
5. The Burial of Jesus: What Does History Have to Do with Faith? by James F. McGrath. This e-book presents the history behind Jesus' burial, and shows how one can have faith in spite of doubt.
Well, there you go! I hope you enjoy them.
A Subversive Christmas
1 day ago