1. Tanya at Thorns and Gold tries to find a third way on the debate over ordaining women. She is definitely an egalitarian, but doesn't necessarily believe that complementarians are automatically misogynists.
2. I don't follow Donald Miller much these days--I didn't even know he has a new blog!--I love this article he wrote about about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Excerpt:
A small but powerful group of evangelicals still believe when the new testament refers to Israel it’s referring to the newfound country rather than a spiritual nation formed in the collective hearts of all believers. This belief, true or not, is encouraging many to side with Israel and buy into the spin (there is spin on both sides, to be sure.) Any Christian has the right to this belief, of course, but should not be naive about the fact this movement is supporting and passively aiding the deaths of many innocent Palestinians. For many Christians the nation-state of Israel has been reduced to a good luck charm, a rabbits foot they rub in order to be blessed. Blind support for either side will only lead to more bloodshed.
3. For all the Doubting Thomases out there, you're gonna love Christian Piatt's Longing for the Unreachable God!
4. Sarah Bessey declares herself an artist rather than a preacher or a teacher.
5. And because today is Black Friday, here's Steely Dan!